March 21, 2016 by morningcamequickly
Can you believe it’s over? Months ago you picked out a show, got a team together, practiced, practiced some more, advertised, got kids excited, celebrated, and now what? Don’t leave this season without wrapping up loose ends to better prepare you for next time. Here are 5 tips to help you close your season.
- Clean up. Don’t wait until next year to tidy up backstage. If you do that it will never get done. Pick stuff up, put stuff away, tear stuff down, and throw stuff out. Also, be sure to put things where they belong. Trust me, it will be easier to find next time!
- Finances. Get all those receipts turned in and tally up expenses and income. Did you break even? Do you need to re-evaluate the budget for next year?
- What worked and what didn’t. Make a list of what you need to remember to do or not do next year. Remember that pre-school sneak peek I did? Definitely doing that again. Over 100 kids came that day and we had about 15 return to the show. I think that is pretty good. Next year it could turn into more. You think you will remember something for next year…you probably won’t so make a list!
- File files and paperwork. Let’s face it, there is a lot of clean up to and not just backstage. Now is a good time to organize all your paper and computer files so you can easily change dates and logos next year without having to reinvent the wheel.
- Rest. Take some time to rest and rejuvenate. I know spring concert season and competitions are coming up, but give yourself some sort of break to regain momentum. You’ll thank yourself for this!
I think this is the end of the musical journey for now. Hopefully you found some helpful tips and reminders which can spur you on to try new ideas or organize differently or just reassure you that you are on the right track! Hope your season went well. Have a great rest of the school year!